Carnivorous plants and more


About a year and a half ago, I started growing carnivorous plants indoors. More on that adventure can be found here.

After we moved to a new home, I rethought my strategy. Repotting seemed like a good idea, but growing indoors no longer worked so well: I got in some real trouble with houseplant pests. No doubt growing indoors was at the root of the problem. So, outdoors they went. That has led to a remarkable recovery, as shown in these pictures.

Sarracenia

Sarracenia Leucophylla (left) and Sarracenia Barba. Marvellous recovery after the pest incident. Especially the Leucophylla is thriving at the moment. Those large beakers are about 25 cm (10 inches) long!

IMG_5186

Drosera Capensis, in bloom!

 

IMG_5187

Drosera, probably Aliciae. Afflicted by the pest, I cut them all the way back to ground level. Watch their recovery: clean and healthy plants.

IMG_5188

Live sphagnum! Growing slowly but steadily.

Nepenthes Alata

There is, however, one exception: my original Nepenthes Alata. This one is doing particularly well on its spot by the window. Those beakers are about 8 cm (3 inches) long at the moment. Every new beaker will grow larger than the previous one.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: